Natural Treatment for Different Health Conditions
October 22, 2015 | Health | 0 comments
| Author: Karen
With the variety of health problems that we experience, it is common to resort into the use of medications that are commercially-available, either those that are prescribed or available as over-the-counter drugs. However, these medications are notoriously known for using ingredients that can be dangerous for your health and can also lead into developing dependency. With such, it would help if you will take a look at alternative healing options, including resorting into natural treatment. It will provide you with safe, effective, and economical treatment options. With this, keep on reading and you will learn more about some of the best choices in treating various health conditions in a manner that is 100% natural.
Colds and Flu
- Getting enough rest, more often than not, will be helpful in lessening the symptoms that are associated with colds and flu.
- Gargling with a solution made from warm water and salt, done at least four times in a day, will also help as it will soothe the throat. A mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey will also be good for gargling.
- Mixing cinnamon with honey to make a tea is another natural solution that would work. Cinnamon is known to be an antibiotic and antiviral, allowing relief from congestion.
- Drinking chamomile tea will also be a big help, especially for kids. Chamomile will help to effectively reduce fever.
Wounds and Cuts
- Several studies in the past have revealed how honey is effective in speeding up healing of wounds, making it more effective than antibiotics. You can use raw honey as dressing for the wound.
- Allicin, a compound that is found in garlic, is believed to work like penicillin. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Another natural treatment option that can be considered is cayenne pepper. It works by helping the blood to clot faster and hence, stopping the wound from bleeding.
- It may be surprising for many, but potatoes can also help when it comes to wound healing. The potatoes will help in absorbing infection out of the wood.
- In order to lower blood pressure naturally, one of the alternatives that can be taken into account is to have more garlic intake in your diet. It will not only help in improvement of blood pressure, but will also improve blood flow.
- Increasing your potassium intake, such as eating more potatoes and bananas will also help.
- You can also take supplements that make use of cat’s claw as the main ingredients, which will help reduce blood pressure through providing calcium in your cells.
- Basil, cinnamon, and cardamom are also essentials in a healthy diet in order to treat hypertension.
- One of the simplest solutions to migraines is lavender oil. You can have it applied topically or also have it inhaled. If it is to be inhaled, you can combine two drops of lavender oil to two cups of water.
- In many instances, a simple DIY massage of the scalp will be effective in easing the pain that is possibly caused by migraine. Once you have learned the right technique, it will provide immediate relief once you feel extreme headache.
- In one study conducted in Great Britain, it has been revealed that feverfew helped ease migraine amongst 70% of the participants. In addition, another study also noted that it has properties similar to aspirin.
- Acupuncture has also gained reputation as an excellent choice for the natural treatment of migraine. The needles are believed to be effective in triggering chemicals that reduce pain.
- Simple hot and cold therapy can be effective in the reduction of pain that is associated with arthritis. Warm shower, especially in the morning, will help to ease the joints. A gel ice pack, when applied on the affected area, can also provide immediate relief.
- Meditation is another simple and natural solution that will work. It helps in the reduction of stress and encourages positivism.
- Boswellia is one herb that has gained reputation for providing effective relief from arthritis. It is an ingredient that is used in topical creams and supplements that help fight arthritis.
- Eucalyptus is another ingredient that is found in supplements meant for people with arthritis. It has a compound known as tannin, which aids in the reduction of pain and swelling.